A spokesperson for the Prime Minister stated on Thursday: “There’s nothing within the information that implies we have to change the dates.”
Journey can be allowed to renew below a site visitors gentle system. The brand new guidelines will split countries into three categories – green, amber and red – depending on 4 key Covid danger elements.
The freshest exclusives and sharpest evaluation, curated in your inbox
How will the site visitors gentle system work?
The lists will be decided based mostly on the next standards:
- The share of a rustic’s inhabitants which were vaccinated
- The speed of an infection
- The prevalence of variants of concern
- The nation’s entry to dependable scientific information and genomic sequencing
Listed below are the foundations that can be in place for every record:
- Inexperienced: arrivals might want to take a pre-departure check in addition to a polymerase chain response (PCR) check on or earlier than day two of their arrival again into the UK – however is not going to have to quarantine on return (except they obtain a optimistic outcome) or take any further assessments
- Amber: arrivals might want to quarantine for a interval of 10 days and take a pre-departure check, in addition to a PCR check on day two and day eight. There would be the choice to take an extra check on day 5 to finish self-isolation early
- Pink: arrivals can be topic to restrictions at the moment in place for pink record international locations which embrace a 10-day keep in a managed quarantine resort, pre-departure testing and necessary PCR testing on day two and eight
The Authorities is methods to cut back the value of testing, with PCR tests normally costing around £120-£160.
“We’ll work with the journey trade and personal testing suppliers forward of worldwide journey reopening, to see how we will additional scale back the price of journey for the British public, whereas making certain journey is as protected as potential,” a Authorities spokesperson stated.
“This might embrace cheaper assessments getting used when holidaymakers return dwelling, in addition to whether or not the Authorities would have the ability to present pre-departure assessments.”
When is the inexperienced record announcement?
The Authorities has not but set a date for the announcement, however it anticipated to come back in early Could.
“It’s too early to say which international locations can be on the green list when non-essential worldwide journey resumes,” a spokesperson stated.
“These selections can be pushed by the info and proof nearer the time, which we can’t predict now. Upfront of the resumption of non-essential worldwide journey, we’ll set out our preliminary evaluation of which international locations will fall into which class.
“Thereafter international locations will transfer between the pink, amber and inexperienced lists relying on the info.”
In accordance with Paul Charles of the PC Agency, the journey trade expects an announcement on both Thursday 6 or Friday 7 Could, earlier than worldwide journey is given the go-ahead on Monday 10 Could.
Which international locations may make the inexperienced record?
In accordance with analysis by the same firm, which calculates its predicted lists “based mostly on vaccine charges, an infection charges, proof of variants and information high quality”, Brits will face restricted journey choices when the record is unveiled.
Mr Charles, the PC Company’s CEO, lists the next international locations as being inexperienced record candidates as the info stands:
The overwhelming majority of standard European locations, are on the amber record, in response to the company’s calculations, a big roadblock for vacationers hoping to go to the likes of France, Italy, Spain and Greece, with Turkey additionally wanting more likely to miss out.