Might 30, 2021, 4:00 PM HST
* Up to date Might 30, 9:58 AM
The Hawaiʻi Division of Transportation (HDOT) encourages anybody flying into or out of Hawaii airports to anticipate a busy summer season journey season. Preliminary customer statistics present 23,423 passengers arrived in Hawaii on Might 23, which is roughly 70-percent of pre-COVID numbers (supply: http://dbedt.hawaii.gov/visitor/dailypax-dashboard/).
Given the present traits, HDOT presents the next air journey suggestions:
- Plan for peak journey time. Peak time for arrivals at Hawaii airports is between 10 a.m. and three p.m. In case your flight time is inside that window, plan and put together utilizing the information under.
- Take into account getting a trip to the airport. Parking traditionally fills up rapidly on lengthy vacation weekends. Final Sunday, Might 23, solely seven p.c of the 1,500 parking stalls at Kahului Airport and 35 p.c of the 481 stalls at Hilo Worldwide Airport have been accessible. On the Daniel Ok. Inouye Worldwide Airport which has 4,600 stalls, roughly half of the stalls are at the moment occupied. Lihue Airport and Ellison Onizuka Worldwide Airport at Keahole are additionally half stuffed at the moment. Getting dropped off on the airport can prevent time spent looking for a stall ought to parking attain capability.
- Arrive on the airport forward of time. The Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) recommends arriving greater than two hours previous to departure and checking baggage to avoid wasting time at safety checkpoints. Extra TSA suggestions will be discovered here.
- Observe protected journey on the airports. The statewide indoor masks mandate applies in any respect Hawaii airports, inside, or exterior whereas on property. The masks have to be worn no matter a person’s vaccination or COVID testing standing. Vacationers also needs to be ready to put on a face protecting onboard their flights and are inspired to test with their air service for info on their COVID protocols.
- Be sure to’re conscious of COVID-19 journey suggestions or restrictions. The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention web page, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html, has journey advice by vacation spot. Please ensure you know the present steerage.
- Know what to do whenever you journey interisland. A Protected Travels account is required for journeys to islands aside from Oahu. Go to https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/ to create an account. As soon as documentation (e.g., both your vaccination card assembly the necessities of the vaccination exemption, trusted check outcomes, or acknowledgement of the quarantine order) has been uploaded you’ll obtain a QR code to indicate screeners to expedite your post-arrival screening.
- Know what to do whenever you return to Hawaiʻi. All vacationers ought to go to HawaiiCovid19.com for the newest journey steerage. HDOT advises that use of an airline taking part within the State of Hawaii Pre-Departure Doc Examine (PDDC) program can expedite this course of. Airways voluntarily taking part in PDDC can validate Protected Travels accredited COVID exams and Journey and Well being Varieties or help vacationers in finishing quarantine paperwork. As soon as validated, a PDDC passenger can depart from the airport after deplaning topic to any necessities of the county. Vacationers that don’t take part in PDDC should endure verification of their Protected Journey documentation at Hawaiʻi airports.
HDOT continues to supply hand sanitizing stations to be used inside airport terminals and encourages vacationers to work collectively to create bodily distance between themselves and others when attainable.